Assist in receiving, sorting and displaying of clothing and shoes donated to the Seton Family Store to raise funding for the programs and service Seton Center, Inc.’s Outreach Office provides.
• Warmly accept and receive only the items listed on the Donation Guidelines
• Offer and provide charitable contribution receipts if requested
• Evaluate clothing & shoes donated and separate sellable & unsellable items
• Using the tagging tool, place the appropriate-colored barb/tag on each item
• Hang and/or stock clothing and shoes by category
• Adhere to pricing guidelines and use appropriate resources provided
• Maintain safe and clean work station(s)
• Restock or store inventory as needed
• Be mindful of possible theft and report to a staff member if observed.
• Provide excellent customer service through positive interactions with donors.
• Other duties as assigned by the Staff
• Background Check
• Experience with or willingness to learn retail trends
• Experience/knowledge of product condition, brands, values and pricing
• Must have excellent vision and attention to detail to identify clothing/shoe defects, stains and missing elements such as buttons, zippers or hems.
• Volunteer should be a team player and enjoy volunteering independently.
• Able to lift and carry heavy objects helpful but not required.
• Excellent customer service skills are required.
Resources Needed to Serve:
• Personal transportation to and from Seton Family Store
• All tools, guides, manuals and equipment will be provided
Seton Family Store is a thrift shop. Items are donated by the community and volunteers serve in our Sorting Room to sort and hang quality, sellable items.
Close-toed shoes are required.
Due to training required, this opportunity is not appropriate for a one-time service event.
Timing of Service Opportunity: Flexible duration
Fulltime required?: No
Required time commitment: To help cover the costs of required background checks, volunteers are asked to provide at least 10 hours of service during their entire tenure with us. Scheduling is flexible: 2-6 hour shifts, Monday thru Saturday, 9:30 AM to 4 PM.
This opportunity is open to: Both Men and Women
Number of volunteers needed: 1 at a time; 5 total
Can families volunteer?: No
Seton Center has a volunteer 90-day trial period in which volunteers receive their training that includes our orientation, job & safety trainings.
None.Costs the volunteer is responsible for:
There are no costs to volunteers, other than providing their own transportation.
Insurance: Seton Center's liability insurance covers volunteers.
Other required paperwork:
Prospective volunteers will be required to complete an application and a brief survey, as well as complete a waiver to permit a criminal background check. At the 1-hour orientation, volunteers will sign statements of understanding regarding our policies and procedures.